Rss Feed
  1. Wishful Wednesday

    Wednesday, January 13, 2010




    Wishful Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Bluestocking at The Bluestocking Guide.

    This week I am wishing for an oldie but, so I hear, a goodie. I feel a bit like, perhaps, I have lived a deprived life having never read The Princess Bride by William Goldman or seen the movie.

    From Goodreads.com:

    The Princess Bride is a true fantasy classic. William Goldman describes it as a "good parts version" of "S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure." Morgenstern's original was filled with details of Florinese history, court etiquette, and Mrs. Morgenstern's mostly complimentary views of the text. Much admired by academics, the "Classic Tale" nonetheless obscured what Mr. Goldman feels is a story that has everything: "Fencing. Fighting. Torture. Poison. True love. Hate. Revenge. Giants. Hunters. Bad men. Good men. Beautifulest ladies. Snakes. Spiders. Beasts of all natures and descriptions. Pain. Death. Brave men. Coward men. Strongest men. Chases. Escapes. Lies. Truths. Passion. Miracles."


    Terra

  2. 4 comments:

    1. Alayne said...

      WOW. I can understand never reading the book, because I haven't. But the movie? I feel like it's everywhere. It's SO good!

    2. What a great movie! Thanks for participating.

    3. Emily said...

      This story is so darn cute! The movie is fantastic too. I hope you get a chance to experience both at some point.

    4. Anonymous said...

      I haven't read the book but I absolutely love the movie! Sooo classic! I watched it again a couple months ago and it made me want to go get the book. Give us an update if you watch or read it! :)

    Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...