Rss Feed
  1. Teaser Tuesdays

    Tuesday, January 19, 2010


     Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
    • Grab your current read
    • Open to a random page
    • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
    • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
    • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

    A brown flicker up high in a tree, a flicker that curled and lifted, different somehow from the way a tree moved; and the limb of a tree that swung in an odd way - bounced really, not as a wind would move it, but as if something heavy weighed it down.
    Her body moved faster than her mind, recognising predator and comprehending itself as prey. Instantly her dagger was in her hand. 

    From page 268-269 of Graceling by Kristin Cashore. I just finished this book. Look for my review on Thursday!

    Terra

  2. 5 comments:

    1. Jess. said...

      Good teaser! I've been told I need to read Graceling, but I haven't gotten around to picking it up yet!

      :D
      -Jess
      (Find the Time to Read)

    2. Andrea said...

      Great teaser! I have this book and the sequel in my huge TBR pile and I can't wait to get around to it!

    3. Dana said...

      I like your teaser. I've seen so many good reviews of Graceling, so an interesting teaser helps convince me that it's worth a read :)

    4. Oh, this is one I've been wanting to read. :)

    5. Terra said...

      Bored_D I have to admit that I cheated in picking this teaser. While reading Graceling I had bookmarked a page or two ahead of this quote thinking that a line would make a good teaser but then flipped back and chose this one when I actually sat down and made the post.

    Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...