Rss Feed
  1. Teaser Tuesdays

    Tuesday, January 12, 2010


     Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
    • Grab your current read
    • Open to a random page
    • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
    • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
    • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

     The military presence as a whole might constitute The Man, but there would be individuals hiding in the whole, and some of them would be secret bloggers. They'd get the word out, and some would probably accompany their reports with camera-phone pictures: Joe McClatchey and his friends carrying signs reading END THE SECRECY, STOP THE EXPERIMENT, FREE CHESTER'S MILL, etc., etc.

    From page 149 of Under the Dome by Stephen King.

    I have decided to give Stephen King's latest novel a try. I have never considered myself much a fan of his but I am hoping that I will enjoy this one.

    Terra

  2. 3 comments:

    1. Erin said...

      I've never been much for Stephen King, although I did all the obligatory teen reading years ago - Christine, Carrie, etc. - and I do admire his talent. Congrats for moving out of your zone a bit. :)

    2. Ooohhh, this sounds good. I have not read many King books. I might have to pick this one up though. Great teaser!

      If you would like to stop by I did a teaser this week...
      http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

    3. Terra said...

      I have read Salem's Lot twice and about half of Cell and that is about the extent of experience with King. Oh, and I have recorded that new show on tv based on his books. I think that it's called Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

      The review of this one might be a good while off though. I am not going to be able to finish it before it is due back at the library tomorrow but I will get it out again as soon as possible.

    Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...