Rss Feed
  1. Teaser Tuesday

    Tuesday, January 26, 2010


    Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
    • Grab your current read
    • Open to a random page
    • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
    • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
    • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
    Her voice was a whisper. Her voice was echo and emptiness. Her voice begged him to live again.

    From page 176 of The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.

    A bit spoilerish? I would say not really in the context of the story but I suppose that you are just going to have to read the book to find out that context for yourself, which I absolutely recommend that you do.

    I have done a teaser for this book a couple of weeks ago but it is only now that I have been able to give this book the attention it deserves. As a result there will be only the one review this week, which will be of The Name of the Wind, and sometime late in the week at that. This is so that I can enjoy the book without feeling rushed to finish it or, as I usually do, juggle it with reading several other books at once. I am really loving it so far.

    Terra

  2. 8 comments:

    1. Kaye said...

      The cover reminds me of the movie The French Lieutenants Woman. Good teaser! Mine is here

    2. Stephanie said...

      This novel sounds really good, and I am intrigued by the cover.

    3. Alayne said...

      Great teaser, and this book looks amazing! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    4. Jennifer said...

      Sad, yet intriguing, drawing me in. Great teaser. Mine is here: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/01/teaser-tuesdays-highlanders-destiny.html

    5. Sarah said...

      Great teaser - sounds like a really interesting book I'll have to check it out :o)

    6. Jen said...

      Nice to see a teaser for this book. Pat Rothfuss is a great storyteller -- and he's also a tease. The second book's been a long time coming (and I'm still not sure when exactly it's coming out). :)

    7. This is a great teaser, for an AWESOME book. I hope you are enjoying it. I am really looking forward to the second book coming out.

      If you would like to stop by I have a teaser up this week...
      http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/

    8. You have gotten an award for being cup-cake sweet from my blog: http://emmamichaels.blogspot.com/2010/01/cupecake-award-amazing-night.html

    Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...