Rss Feed
  1. What's On the Bookshelf

    Sunday, January 31, 2010

    In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Go here to find out more.

    This week I only picked up two books but I have been interested in getting to read these for awhile now.

    The Princess Bride by William Goldman
    I was wishing for this a few years ago and now I finally have! Now, I will just need to see the movie as well. I cannot believe that I have gone all these years without reading this classic or seeing the movie.

    Boneshaker by Cherie Priest
    Let's see a raise of hands from everyone who thinks that they need a bit more steampunk in their lives.
    *Raises hand and waves entire arm around with considerable enthusiasm*
    While I haven't seen people shouting the name of this book from rooftops, I have heard good things around it and cannot wait to read it.

     
    Terra

  2. 11 comments:

    1. the princess bride (both book and movie) are absolute gold, i'm sure you'll love them. 'no more rhyming now i mean it.' 'anybody want a peanut?' ha ha kills me every time, you'll see what i mean soon :-)

    2. Dana said...

      Oooh, I absolutely love both the book and movie version of Princess Bride. Enjoy!

    3. Emily said...

      I got Boneshaker as a birthday present back in October and hopefully will get a chance to read it soon. Enjoy!

    4. Stephanie said...

      I am embarrassed to admit how many times I've seen The Princess Bride -- my hubby and I can practically quote the screenplay. :-) I'd love to read the book one of these days. Enjoy your books!

    5. Corrine said...

      I haven't read The Princess Bride either... I actually have it out from the library right now just waiting to be read, and the movie is on hold... lol. I hope you enjoy all of your books! :)


      I have a contest running on my blog right now for the book Break by Hannah Moskowitz. Feel free to check it out. :)

    6. Anonymous said...

      I need more steampunk!!!

      You are in for such a treat with The Princess Bride. Lucky you!

    7. What a great and different cover for the Princess Bride. I haven't read it yet but have seen the movie dozens of times. Happy reading!

    8. Alayne said...

      These both look really good. My mailbox is at The Crowded Leaf.

    9. I still haven't read Boneshaker and it's sitting on my desk! I so need to get on that :) Hope you like them can't wait to see what you think!

    10. Rebecca said...

      Great books you got this week. They both look really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    11. My name is Inigo Montoya. You have killed my father, prepare to die.

    Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...