Rss Feed
  1. What's On the Bookshelf

    Monday, November 16, 2009

    I have chosen to bring back What's On the Bookshelf which had disappeared since September. This had been partly been due to the fact that I had been trying to restrain myself from acquiring more books as my to-read pile is so big that it has overflowed off of my bedside table to form a tower on the ground beside it that eventually grew so large that it toppled. I am sure that if you dig deep enough into this sea of books you will eventually find my bedroom floor.

    Anyway, I recently managed to grab a couple more books from the library, both of which I have been interested in for awhile.

    The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
    I swear that this book stalked me through libraries and bookstores until I eventually relented and borrowed it out. Not to say that it does not sound excellent, but rather that it is just the matter of having the time to sit down and enjoy all 662 pages.

    Dreaming Again edited by Jack Dann
    I have been interested in reading this collection of fantasy stories by Australian authors ever since I first heard about it nearly a year ago. I am really looking forward to getting stuck into this one.

    In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. Go here to find out more.

    Terra

  2. 5 comments:

    1. Anonymous said...

      These book have fantastic covers! I've heard good things about The Name of the Wind.

    2. love the covers very intriguing! hope you enjoy them both! happy reading!

    3. I have to say I read Name of the Wind and LOVED it. The righting style is amazing. Almost like music and poetry in itself. Wonderful wordings. It is a longer book yes but please don't let that put you off. You will be missing an amazing piece of work.

    4. Terra said...

      I have to agree that I am completely in love with the covers, too.

      Melissa, it's good to hear that you enjoyed Name of the Wind. I can't wait to get stuck into it now!

    5. Wow, I love the cover for The Name of the Wind!! Happy reading! :)

    Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...