Rss Feed
  1. November Wrap Up

    Monday, November 30, 2009


    It is the thirtieth of November meaning that it is also the final day of National Novel Writing Month and National Blog Posting Month.

    Okay, so I never did get even remotely close to the NaNoWriMo goal of fifty thousand words but at least I have finally started getting this story down and hopefully will continue on with it past November. At this stage I do already plan to be back for NaNoWriMo in 2010 as well.

    As for NaBloPoMo, count those posts - this one makes thirty. I have managed one post for each day this month so I am counting this one as a success. However, I do not think that I will be returning to NaBloPoMo next year. At the end of the day, I prefer to blog because I have something to say rather than scrounging for a topic because I feel like I have to make at least a post a day. Not to mention that I blog all the time but I do not get to do nearly as much creative writing as I would like to. I look forward to November as a time when I can get down those stories that I otherwise do not get to invest the time in to writing. I also find a non-fiction/imformative format easier to write than a creative one, however much as I enjoy it, so I love NaNoWriMo for the quantity over quality philosophy which lets me feel free to just go for it and get in some good writing practice.

    Which brings me to my End of November Resolution. 'They' say not to make New Year Resolutions because people make them half-heartedly and don't follow through. Instead, so 'They' say, make your resolution and start on it straight away. Why wait for the new year? So, as of now, I want to get in more creative writing time. While November will still be marked on my calender for writing madness, I want to make sure I am finding time for creativity throughout the year. I feel like I spend too much time, while on the bus trip to work, writing stories in my head but never spending the time or developing the skill to actually put them down in words. This years NaNo started off as a short story that had been in my head for over a year, after all.

    Don't be surprised if I do not post any reviews this week. I can feel the November hang over coming on.

    Terra

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...