Rss Feed
  1. The Perfect Edition?

    Tuesday, August 25, 2009

    I don't know about everyone else, but at times I can be very picky about what edition of a book I will choose to purchase, especially when it comes down to something that I love and want to be a long lasting edition to my collection. As a fan of fantasy, it would not be too far out there to describe Lord of the Rings as my bible. I recently decided that I would like to get a new set of the books. Picking the perfect edition, however, is proving to be quite a challenge.

    Should I get a box set with it as three separate volumes? Would all three volumes in one be better? After all, wasn't Tolkien's original vision of Lord of the Rings for it to be as one book? What are the measurements? It has to be a comfortable size for me to curl up with on the couch or in bed. Which cover is nicest? Maps would be a nice addition. I am a sucker for the illustrated editions. Hardcover would probably be preferable. Oh, and it would be nice if it didn't break the budget too...

    Decisions, decisions, decisions!

    While this set looks beautiful, but it seems more like a good display set as opposed to something that would be comfortable to sit with being 10.3 inches in height. This boxset has a sleek and clean appearance, but it's only the basics and not to mention that it is paperback. I am seriously considering this one. I do wonder if maybe it will be a little bulky though. Then there is the leather bound version complete with gold edged pages and a red ribbon place holder. Not to mention that all the different editions come with their different price tags.

    I think that I need to sleep some more on this one.

    Terra

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...