Rss Feed
  1. Classics Challenge 2009

    Saturday, August 1, 2009


    I may be a little late jumping on the bandwagon for this challenge (it has been running since April and finishes at the end of October,) but I just cannot say no to reading some good ol' classics. Regardless, I have decided to dive into the Classics Challenge opting for the Classics Feast. I am even inclined to try and squeeze in one of the bonus books. So here are my choices for the challenge:
    1. Dracula by Bram Stoker
    2. The Jewel of Seven Stars by Bram Stoker
    3. Frankenstein by Mary Shelly
    4. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
    5. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
    6. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
    7. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
    Dracula is a long time favourite of mine and yet it has been far too long since I last picked it up so I look forward to revisiting it. I selected Memoirs of a Geisha over other books that I would usually pick up first because it will be something out of the norm for me.

    In case anyone is wondering, my suggestions for someone starting out with classics would be either Bram Stoker's Dracula or To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. As for a future classic, I know that it has already been said, but I really do think J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series.

    Terra

  2. 1 comments:

    1. Anonymous said...

      I haven't done any challenges yet but I would have loved to get in on this one! Great choices. I love Dracula, Frankenstein and Memoirs of a Geisha. And I was thinking just this morning that I should try The Count of Monte Cristo.

      Too late for this challenge but maybe I'll find another one!

    Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...