So, I only just now got back in from my driving lesson with my wonderful dad who endures teaching me. I am still going to keep on reading for the final thirty minutes but instead of starting something new I am going to continue with Boneshaker by Cherie Priest which I am currently in the middle of.
Before that, however, I am going to fill out another survery meme for the Read-A-Thon.
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
The second and third hours when I was the most tired (the event having started at 10PM here) and ended up falling asleep while reading then woke up just long enough to turn off the light and to move my book out of the sleep danger zone.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Checkers by John Marsden as it is short and yet engrossing.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I thought that between the memes, cheerleaders, and twitter chatter is wonderful. There was always someone reading on alongside you. (Not literally, but you know what I mean.) Just keep up that wonderful connected spirit!
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
The website with it's hourly updates with memes and activities, even if I did not always participate.
5. How many books did you read?
6. What were the names of the books you read?
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling
- Quidditch Through the Ages by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
8. Which did you enjoy least?
I enjoyed my Harry Potter theme pretty well. While all of the companion books are relatively short, they are each quirky and unique and I was never bored.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
I wasn't a cheerleader but thanks to everyone who was for all of your great encouragement!
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I will definitely be back for the next Read-A-Thon. Most likely just as a reader again. If I were a cheerleader I would get so absorbed in my books that I would forget to come back and cheer!
This will be my last post for the Read-A-Thon. It was a wonderful event and I am so happy that I took part. I would have liked to have squeezed in one more book but I am pleased to have gotten started on one of the challenges that I had signed up for and then neglected. I will start posting the reviews over the next few days. A big thanks also goes to all the wonderful people who make this event happen. You guys rock!