Rss Feed
  1. For Jasper

    Wednesday, February 24, 2010


    On Sunday I lost one of my best friends and a much loved member of my family. Jasper lived a long life for a cavalier and would have turned thirteen in a few weeks. I feel so lucky to have had him for all of these years and I treasure every moment, every memory. He was so friendly, loving, and gentle. While his body grew older his mind remained young and right up to the end he loved chasing lizards, barking down the side of the house at birds and other passing dogs, and always wanting to make his walks last just a little bit longer even when he was completely tuckered out. I miss his cuddles, our walks together, having him curl up beside me while I read, his love and companionship.

    Thank you for everything, Jasper. Love you always.


    Terra

  2. 9 comments:

    1. Emily said...

      I'm sorry for your loss, Jasper sounds like he was a a great little guy. D:

    2. Anonymous said...

      I'm so sorry. We had to put our dog down in October. It was so hard. We'd had him for 11 years. I still miss him and look for his little head popping up in the window when we come home. Losing a loved pet is very difficult.

    3. I'm very sorry for you loss. My dog just had some serious medical issues so I'm trying not to ball my eyes out as I types this because I have incredible empathy for people who lose their pets. Jasper sounded super awesome!

    4. Anonymous said...

      Oh, what a terrible loss! Please accept my condolences. Jasper looks like he was a sweetheart.

    5. Terra said...

      Thank you, everyone, for your support. The past couple of days I think that I have still been in shock. We had been trying to prepare ourselves with the knowledge that we would have to make the decision to let him go in the coming months, maybe even only weeks, but the events of Sunday were very unexpected with his health very suddenly deteriating that morning. I know we made the right decision not to let him suffer but it still breaks my heart.

      Jill, I keep looking for him out the window or I see something out the corner of my eye and think that it is him before I remember that he is gone. The yard seems so big and empty without him.

    6. Natalie said...

      I'm sorry hun! It's always so difficult to lose a pet you love! Hang in there! :)

    7. oh, so sorry to hear about your doggy, how lucky you've been to have such an amazing furry friend, i hope your heart feels mended soon.

      ps don't worry about the award, i gave it because i like your blog, no further action needed unless you want to :-)

    8. Sorry to hear about your loss. :( Our dog is still doing well, but she is 11 yrs old going on 12 here in a few months. We where told by the vet rotts don't normally live as long as she is. We are afraid that one day we will wake up and she will keep sleeping. She is a great dog and we have been very happy having here so long already.

      Sorry to hear.

    9. *HUGS* I'm so sorry for you loss. I know what it is like to lose a cherished family member. Please know my thoughts are with you. Take Care!

    Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...